Executive Education Courses Now Available for 2017-2018
Registration is open for the Center for State and Local Finance’s 2017-2018 executive education program.
CSLF’s course offerings include eight essential classes that span a variety of topics that public finance professionals need to hone strategic thinking, advance in the field, and educate key stakeholders.
Now in its fourth year, CSLF’s executive education program continually draws participants locally and nationally from state government, municipalities, counties, public authorities, and school districts.
2017-2018 courses include:
- Governmental Leadership: Politics, Communication, and Influence – July 19-21*
- Cost Analysis – Aug. 15-16
- Retirement, Risk Management, and Procurement – Sept. 13-15*
- Government Financial Statements and Accounting – Nov. 28-Dec. 1*
- Debt Management – Jan. 24-26*
- Treasury and Investment Management – March 7-9*
- Forecasting – April 19-20
- Operating and Capital Budgeting – May 16-18*
CSLF developed its program after extensive feedback from finance directors who emphasized the need for in-depth, high-quality training for those pursuing senior management positions in government.
Course instructors include world-class faculty from the Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, which is ranked No. 5 in public finance and budgeting by U.S. News & World Report. Experts in the public and private sector also teach and guest lecture.
Past presenters have included Meria Carstarphen, Atlanta Public Schools superintendent; Robin Prunty, a managing director with S&P Global Ratings; and Ambassador Andrew Young, former mayor of Atlanta.
*The executive education program consists of these six core classes. The deadline to register for all six together is July 5.