Executive Education in Public Finance
Build Your Career in Public Finance
The Center for State and Local Finance (CSLF) offers public finance training that focuses on the strategic thinking and analytic skills that public finance leaders need to advance in the field.
Experts in the field teach and serve as guest presenters and panelists. Presenters have included the Georgia state treasurer and Georgia state auditor, among others.
The classes are grounded in the content knowledge needed to become a Certified Public Finance Officer through the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA).
Continuing education credits are available via the National Association of State Boards and Accountancy and GFOA.
2017-2018 Executive Education Courses
Registration for the 2017-2018 year is open! Now is the time to discuss with your employer whether they offer any financial assistance for professional development courses. Download the program flyer.
- Governmental Leadership: Politics, Communication and Influence (July 19-21, 2017)
- Cost Analysis (Aug. 15-16, 2017)
- Retirement, Risk Management and Procurement (Sept. 13-15, 2017)
- Government Financial Statements and Accounting (Nov. 28-Dec. 1, 2017)
- Debt Management (Jan. 24-26, 2018)
- Treasury and Investment Management (March 7-9, 2018)
- Forecasting (April 19-20, 2018)
- Operating and Capital Budgeting (May 16-18, 2018)
New Lower Prices Start Sept. 13
We know cost can hinder even the most motivated employees from seeking professional development. So, we’ve lowered fees to ensure more government finance leaders and aspiring leaders can attend our courses. New prices: 2-day, $350; 3-day, $500; 4-day, $700. Get tuition details.
Receive Your Certificate in Public Financial Management
Participants may take individual courses, or complete all six core classes to receive CSLF’s Certificate in Public Financial Management. Customized programs are available, contact Ron Shelby at 404-413-0327 or email@example.com.