Our program offers public finance training that focuses on the strategic thinking and analytic skills that today’s public finance leaders need to succeed. Experts in the field teach and serve as guest presenters and panelists. Presenters have included the Georgia state treasurer and Georgia state auditor, among others.
The classes are grounded in the content knowledge needed to become a Certified Public Finance Officer through the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA). Continuing education credits are available via the National Association of State Boards and Accountancy.
Remaining 2017-18 Courses
2018-2019 Courses Explore Classes>
Registration for the 2018-2019 year will open soon! Now is the time to discuss with your employer whether they offer any financial assistance for professional development courses. Download the program flyer.
- Government Financial Statements and Accounting (July 17-20, 2018)
- Governmental Leadership: Politics, Communication and Influence (Aug. 15-17, 2018)
- Debt Management (Sept. 12-14, 2018)
- Treasury and Investment Management (Nov. 7-9, 2018)
- Forecasting (Jan. 24-25, 2019)
- Operating and Capital Budgeting (March 13-15, 2019
- Cost Analysis (April 16-17, 2019)
- Retirement, Risk Management and Procurement (May 15-17, 2019)
Low Fees = Unmatched Value Register Now>
We know cost can hinder even the most motivated employees from seeking professional development. Our low program fees are meant to ensure more government finance leaders and aspiring leaders can attend our courses. Get tuition details.
- 2-day, $350
- 3-day, $500
- 4-day, $700
We’re Here to Help Contact Us>
If you have questions about the course content and experience, contact Ron Shelby, assistant director of executive education, at 404-413-0327 or email@example.com.
Ask Ron about the Certificate in Public Financial Management. Participants may take individual courses or complete all six core classes to receive CSLF’s Certificate in Public Financial Management. Customized programs are available.