Executive Education in Public Finance
Build Your Career in Public Finance
The Center for State and Local Finance (CSLF) offers public finance training that focuses on the strategic thinking and analytic skills that public finance leaders need to advance in the field.
Experts in the field teach and serve as guest presenters and panelists. Presenters have included the Georgia state treasurer and Georgia state auditor, among others.
The classes are grounded in the content knowledge needed to become a Certified Public Finance Officer through the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA).
Continuing education credits are available via the National Association of State Boards and Accountancy and GFOA.
2016-2017 Core Classes
Registration is open for 2016-2017 courses. Receive a 30 percent discount if you work in the public sector. Download the program flyer.
- Retirement, Risk Management and Procurement (May 17-19, 2017)
New: 2017-2018 Classes
Registration for the 2017-2018 year will open in March! Now is the time to discuss with your employer whether they offer any financial assistance for professional development courses.
- Governmental Leadership: Politics, Communication and Influence (July 19-21, 2017)
- Cost Analysis (Aug. 15-16, 2017)
- Retirement, Risk Management and Procurement (Sept. 13-15, 2017)
- Government Financial Statements and Accounting (Nov. 28-Dec. 1, 2017)
- Debt Management (Jan. 24-26, 2018)
- Treasury and Investment Management (March 7-9, 2018)
- Forecasting (April 19-20, 2018)
- Operating and Capital Budgeting (May 16-18, 2018)
Learn From Experts
CSLF draws on the experience of nationally recognized faculty from the Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, one of the top-ranked programs in the nation in public finance. Our curriculum has been developed by the faculty that give us this top ranking. We also invite seasoned practitioners and chief financial officers to teach courses, be guest speakers and engage with students.
Receive Your Certificate in Public Financial Management
Participants may take individual courses, or complete all six core classes to receive CSLF’s Certificate in Public Financial Management. Customized programs are available, contact Ron Shelby at 404-413-0327 or email@example.com.