Retirement, Risk Management and Procurement
♦ Sponsored by Dana Investment Advisors, JPMorgan Chase and ScotCro.♦
Sept. 13-15, 2017, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Register (Deadline Aug. 29.)
Operational expenses and unexpected legal liabilities can significantly impact the financial health of any organization. This course addresses best practices in contracting and procurement, implementation and management of pension and employee benefit costs, and other process and legal strategies around risk management. No advance preparation is needed. Download course flyer.
- Understand best practices in procurement processes, including internal controls
- Identify various pension structures and management options and evaluate the long-term impact on the fiscal health of an organization
- Understand how other employee benefits can impact the fiscal health of an organization
- Learn processes to mitigate financial and legal risk
This course covers key content tested by GFOA's Retirement and Benefits, Risk Management and Procurement exam, one of the five exams required for the CPFO certification. Additionally, participants can earn up to 24 CPE credits (16 in personnel/HR, four in finance and four in management) for this course through the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA). For NASBA purposes, it is categorized as an intermediate-level, "group-live" course. At the end of this course, students will receive a certificate of completion for the Retirement, Risk Management and Procurement course. All six courses are required to receive the Center for State and Local Finance's Certificate in Public Financial Management.
Deputy General Counsel, Georgia Department of Administrative Services
• Previously served as assistant legal counsel
• An attorney and a certified public procurement officer
|Leon “Rocky” Joyner
Vice President and Actuary, Segal Consulting
• More than 20 years of actuarial consulting experience
• Member of the American Academy of Actuaries
Manager of IT Strategic Sourcing, Georgia Department of Administrative Services
• More than 25 years’ experience in strategic sourcing
• Former lead roles: BellSouth Telecommunications, AT&T and SunTrust Bank
Clinical Associate Professor, Risk Management and Insurance, Robinson College of Business
• Associate editor of the Journal of Financial Service Professionals
• A licensed attorney in Georgia and California
Past Guest Speaker
Research Director, National Association of State Retirement Administrators
Have additional questions? Check out CSLF’s frequently asked questions.