Treasury and Investment Management
♦ Sponsored by Dana Investment Advisors and JPMorgan Chase.♦
March 7-9, 2018, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Register (Deadline Feb. 21.)
Efficiency in managing cash, investments and other financial assets plays a critical role in any organization. Not only does it help the company to generally stay afloat, but proper management can also be the key to a government that thrives and weathers abrupt fiscal challenges. This class explores treasury operations by introducing strategies to balance cash availability while maximizing asset returns. Download course flyer.
- Development and execution of a cash flow strategy, for accounts payable, payroll, debt service, and other large one-time outflows
- Evaluate and develop an organization’s banking and investment policies using best practices
- Understand the process of investing public funds safely and efficiently
- Assess the bids of banks and brokers to provide services to an organization or government, including evaluating brokers’ security offers
- Learn what tools are available from banks to more efficiently manage cash
This course covers key content tested by GFOA's Treasury and Investment Management exam, one of the five exams required for the CPFO certification. Additionally, participants can earn up to 24 CPE credits in finance for this course through the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA). For NASBA purposes, it is categorized as an intermediate-level, "group-live" course. At the end of this course, students will receive a certificate of completion for the Treasury and Investment Management course. All six courses are required to receive the Center for State and Local Finance's Certificate in Public Financial Management.
Assistant Director of Executive Education, Center for State and Local Finance; Former Director of Finance and Administration, Galveston County, Texas
• Recipient of the Andrew Young Fellowship (Ph.D. candidate)
• Holds master’s degrees in both business and finance
Portfolio Officer, Office of the State (Ga.) Treasurer/Topic: Investment pools and management of those pools
Vice President, Treasury Services and Liquidity Solutions, JPMorgan Chase
Have additional questions? Check out CSLF’s frequently asked questions.