Registration is open for the Center for State and Local Finance’s 2016-2017 executive education in public finance program.
Classes available include CSLF’s series of six core courses, as well as new two-day special sessions covering a range of public finance topics, such as revenue forecasting and cost analysis.
This will be the third year that CSLF has offered in-depth training tailored for chief financial officers and those who aspire to be chief financial officers.
Participants who wish to register for the full year of classes must do so by July 6, 2016.
CSLF developed its program after extensive feedback from veteran chief financial officers who emphasized the need for in-depth, high-quality training for those pursuing senior management positions in government.
Our courses focus on the strategic thinking and analytic skills that public finance leaders need to advance in the field and inspire good governance, going beyond basic content knowledge.
2016-2017 course options include:
- June 16-17: Forecasting (Special Session)
- July 13-15: Treasury and investment management
- Aug. 11-12: Cost Analysis (Special Session)
- Sept. 21-23: Debt management
- Nov. 1-4: Operating and capital budgeting
- Feb. 6-8: Leadership
- March 7-10: Government financial statements and accounting
- May 17-19: Retirement, risk management and procurement
Space is limited, so early registration is advised. As a special bonus, public-sector employees receive a 30 percent discount on tuition. For more information and to register, visit our website at cslf.gsu.edu/training or contact us at email@example.com or 404-413-0098.