Whether you work for a city, county or state — the Center for State and Local Finance at Georgia State University offers an in-depth public finance program to help you be competitive.
Our program offers public finance training that focuses on the strategic thinking and analytic skills that today’s public finance leaders need to succeed. Experts in the field teach and serve as guest presenters and panelists. Presenters have included the Georgia state treasurer and Georgia state auditor, among others.
The classes are grounded in the content knowledge needed to become a Certified Public Finance Officer through the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA). Continuing education credits are available via the National Association of State Boards and Accountancy.
Participants may take individual courses or complete all six core classes to receive CSLF’s Certificate in Public Financial Management (CPFM).
2021-2022 Executive Education Courses
Registration for the 2021-2022 year is open! Now is the time to discuss with your employer whether they offer any financial assistance for professional development courses.
- Governmental Leadership: Politics, Communication and Influence (Cancelled)†*
- Operating and Capital Budgeting (October 20-22, 2021) ✧*
- Government Financial Statements and Accounting (November 16-19. 2021) †*
- Debt Management (January 19-21, 2022) †*
- Treasury and Investment Management (February 16-18. 2022) †*
- Retirement, Risk Management and Procurement (March 23-25, 2022) †*
- Special Topic: Forecasting (April 21-22, 2022) †
- Special Topic: Leadership in Political Environments (May 9-11, 2022) †
*Core courses that lead to the Certificate in Public Financial Management
Due to the unpredictable nature of COVID-19, the Center for State and Local Finance may be required to alter this schedule. Should any changes occur, we will communicate directly with registrants, and will update the public via email and social media.
We're Here to Help
If you have questions about the course content and experience, contact Erin Oakley at (404) 413-0181 or email@example.com. Customized programs are available.