Whether you work for a city, county or state — the Center for State and Local Finance at Georgia State University offers an in-depth public finance program to help you be competitive.
Our program offers public finance training that focuses on the strategic thinking and analytic skills that today’s public finance leaders need to succeed. Experts in the field teach and serve as guest presenters and panelists. Presenters have included the Georgia state treasurer and Georgia state auditor, among others.
The classes are grounded in the content knowledge needed to become a Certified Public Finance Officer through the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA). Continuing education credits are available via the National Association of State Boards and Accountancy.
Participants may take individual courses or complete all six core classes to receive CSLF’s Certificate in Public Financial Management (CPFM).
2019-2020 Executive Education Courses
Click on a course below to register for just one.
Registration for the 2019-2020 year is open! Now is the time to discuss with your employer whether they offer any financial assistance for professional development courses. Download the program flyer.
- Governmental Leadership: Politics, Communication and Influence (July 17-19, 2019)*
- Debt Management (Sept. 18-20, 2019)*
- Forecasting (Oct. 17-18, 2019)
- Treasury and Investment Management (Nov. 6-8, 2019)*
- Operating and Capital Budgeting (Jan. 22-24, 2020)*
- Retirement, Risk Management and Procurement (Mar. 11-13, 2020)*
- Cost Analysis (Apr. 16-17, 2020)
- Government Financial Statements and Accounting (May 12-15, 2020)*
*Core courses that lead to the Certificate of Public Financial Management.
We're Here to Help
If you have questions about the course content and experience, contact Ron Shelby, assistant director of executive education, at 404-413-0327 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Customized programs are available.